Author Topic: Introductions !  (Read 98202 times)

tamian

Re: Introductions !
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2012, 09:33:53 AM »
That was a nice read Bear, certainly took me back to times i didnt think i would ever remember again  :beer:

Nice to have you with us!
PS: Destroy this letter! I dunno, eat it or something. Get creative.

tamian

« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2012, 09:57:22 AM »
Maybe i should make a small introduction, seeing so many new members probably have no idea who i am :)

My name is Steffen and im from Aarhus, Denmark. I work at the telco as a consultant, making IT tools and anwsering those weird questions managers have about the network and operations in general. Im currently 34 and have a healthy appetite for gaming and alchohol. I live with my girlfriend going on 7 years.

I joined Aesirs during the DAoC era back in 2002 (i believe) and held various ranks from guild slave to guild master. I LOVED DAoC but got put off by new frontiers, which i still think was Mythics worst mistake.

After DAoC came a long period of WoW(In which Aesirs never invested as a guild) mixed with a little bit of Warhammer(Fun starter battlegrounds then bleh). As Bear says WoW was fun til the gear grind became too obvious, a mistake Blizzard made with D3 aswell imo.

After WoW i mainly played solo games mixed with a little nostalgia DAoC, that is until Rift came along. The early levels had alot of openworld PvP which rocked, but when i came to the first shared town i quit the game, how lame is it that enemies share towns...

I had high hopes for SWTOR, especialy regarding Aesirs and the reunion of old friends. I really enjoyed the raids we had, but pvp and the world itself was abit stale, so that game didnt last very long.

Now finaly comes along a game with no subscription, focus on RvR, a great world environment, buzzing with life. GW2 has got me addicted and the guild is looking healthy.

Looking forward to playing with you all!
PS: Destroy this letter! I dunno, eat it or something. Get creative.

Requiel

« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
Hello all. Some of you may remember me from DAoC or WAR, if that's the case then you'll either recognise this nom de plume or you may know me as Iain.

I now live in Germany where I make FPS games for a studio that isn't Crytek. Or Yager. I'm a lapsed Eve player and have been mostly playing Bloodbowl and random single player games since WAR.

Runoff

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2012, 11:40:20 PM »
Hi Requiel do remember the name from back Daoc good to have you around.

Xandax

• <insert clever text here>
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2012, 06:37:38 AM »
Iain is a name I recall from DAoC .... I think.... maybe.... oh, I hate having poor memory it makes ...ohh kittens.
Unguilded.
Visha Valewalker - Ranger
Visha Mindbender - Mesmer.
+ insignificant low level alts (Visha's and Xandax's)

Norvindus

« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2012, 07:54:00 AM »
Hiya Requiel, I remember you from both.
Good to have you onboard and welcome.

Chuvar

« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »
Ello!

25yo male from Serbia here!

RLN: Branimir
IGN: Chuvar

Played GW1 for 7 years and hopefully will play GW2 as much. :)

Tried almost every mmorpg out there, but GW is my first love.

I'm hard core kinda player ( some would call it no lifer ).

Currently have no job, so i spend most of the time in GW2.

Oh and the Bear sent me  :)

Cya in game!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:03:14 PM by Chuvar »

Bear

« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »
nice to meet you , c you on the warfront !  ;)

Toturii

« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2012, 10:12:48 PM »
Hi, My name is CLayton IRl.

Bear told me to come and introduce myself here and to apply for guild here so I will explain my MMO life to you guys as till now.

This is my 3rd MMo thus far I played WOW till lvl12 didnt like it due to the combat system and well many kids. I then moved on to Age of Conan and played that since 2008 till early September 2012. During my Time in AOC I was in a PVP oriented guild called Exile were i gained ranks in the guild till I was nominated as PVP officer of the guild, there I organised siege attacks on enemy guilds and also helped with the open world pvp arangements and once in a while full guild zerg in high lvl zones.

I am from South Africa and 27 years of age and live in Cape Town
I am a hardcore PVP player and enjoy a challenge especialy facing more than 1 enemy at a time.

I am currently playing Guild Wars 2 now and just figured out how the game works now more or less I have a lvl30 Guardian called Toturii a lvl3 thief that I do the pvp minigames with but I like a good solid soldier class due to the fact I can take some damage and dish out some dps were needed.

So this is my not so sort application to join the guild. So if you want you can send me a tell in game and have a chat or feel free to ask any questions I dont bite ;)

Bear

« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2012, 11:59:36 PM »
welcome aboard, just pm any of the members or me (Leap Quantum or Sandy Box) tomorrow and we will invite you and sort your VOIP out and stuff :)

Runoff

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2012, 02:26:20 AM »
Welcome aboard totu

Semirhage

« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »
Hello!

RL - Shane
Ingame - Hessalam
Country - South Africa
Age - 18

Although not always good at it, I love PvP for the competitive edge. Only ever played WoW, Diablo 3 and SC2. Switched servers to Gunnar's Hold from Aurora Glade because on AG they squabbled and bickered among themselves in WvW while the enemy took everything. I believe that there must be unity in a guild and server.
I live for WvW, and although slow, it's my preferred method of leveling. I don't mind doing other things like farming and PvE such as dungeons etc. as long I have something to do with friends/guild mates and I am having fun. I'm currently in high school focusing on IT and Biology. I mainly play on my Necromancer because it isn't too squishy and is, next to Guardian, the easiest and most fun class to me. Lastly, I've been recruited by Bear.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:27:29 PM by Semirhage »

Cornelias

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »
Welcome :)

Good to have you aboard, remember to keep an eye on the forums for events and stuff, we usually have a server wide WvWvW event a few times a week and the teamspeak details can be found here http://www.aesirsblade.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,229.0.html] [url]http://www.aesirsblade.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,229.0.html[/url]

Nipp

« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
Hello! Im Nipp and im 20 yrs old and live in Estonia. Umm currently im playing gw2 and i have quite a lot of time do to it. Im cheerful and happy-go-lucky(i guess :P). Been playing mmo-s quite some time and theres always been one downside- i havent had a good active community to interact with so im hoping this would be the filler of that gap (which it probably will) :D . Usually i play in wvw every day.

Also, BEAR instructed me to come here and introduce myself.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:33:39 PM by Nipp »

Phil

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
Welcome :>>>